This Policy is a legally binding document between You and ISH (both terms defined below). The terms of this Policy will be effective upon Your acceptance of the same (directly or indirectly in electronic form, by clicking on the "I accept" tab or by use of the Website or by other means) and will govern the relationship between You and ISH for Your use of the Website (defined below).
By visiting this Website, the User (defined below) agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Policy. In the event a User is not agreeable with the terms and conditions hereof, the User is requested to refrain from the use of this Website.
Indian School of Hospitality and its subsidiaries and affiliates (individually and/ or collectively, "ISH") is/are concerned about the privacy of the data and information of Users accessing the websites, mobile sites or mobile applications ("Website") on the Website and otherwise engaging with ISH through the Website.
This Policy is subject to change at any time without notice and ISH encourages the Users of the Website to review this Policy periodically.
This Policy highlights inter alia the type of data shared/collected from a User/the Website in the course of the User’s usage of the Website. The Policy further intends to apprise the User of the purposes for which the data of the User is collected and the Website’s policy with regard to sharing such personal information with third party entities.
The terms "We"/"Us"/"Our" individually and collectively refer to each entity being part of the definition of ISH and the terms "You"/"Your"/"Yourself/User" refer to the Users.
- Collection of information
The Website may during the course of the User's usage of the Website collect the following personal and non-personal information and such other information from the Users for accessing the Website("Information"), as part of the voluntary registration process, on-line survey or combination thereof, as may be required from time to time. The Information shall be collected in order to conduct operations on the Website.
- Personal information:
- Name of the User;
- Phone number (mobile and/or residence and/or alternative) of the User;
- Gender of the User;
- Date of birth of the User;
- Address (official/residence/other) of the User;
- Email Id (primary/alternative) of the User;
- Personal information received from social networking sites through which the User has registered to the Website including name, profile picture, email address or friends list, and any information made public in connection with that social media service;
- Internet protocol (IP) address of the User;
- Any other personal data or information of the User as may be stated in the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data of Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the IT Act; and
- Such other information that may be required to access and operate the Website
- Non-personal information:
- Details of internet or telecom service provider of the User;
- Location of a User;
- Type of internet browser being used by the User; and
- Such other information that may be required to access and operate the Website
- Please be advised that in addition to the above, the duration of use of the Website by the User may also be logged and stored by the Website.
- The Information may be collected and/or stored in electronic form, however, the Website is hereby authorized by the User to collect/store such information in physical form as well.
- The Website may share the Information of a User with any third party entities subject to such entities adopting reasonable safety standards with respect to the use of such Information.
- Representation and Warranties
Every User hereby represents and warrants to the Website that:
- all Information provided by the Useris true, correct, current and updated;
- all Informationprovided by the User does not belong to any third party, and if it does belong to a third party, the User is duly authorized by such third party to use, access and disseminate such Information;
- storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the Information shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, judgments, orders and decree;
- the officers, directors, contractors or agents of ISH shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever with regard to the authenticity or veracity of the Information that a User may provide to the Website; and
- the User shall indemnify and hold harmless ISHand each of its officers, directors, contracts or agents and any third party relying on the Information provided by the User in the event the User is in breach of this Policy.
- Purpose and use of information
All Information collected/stored by the Website shall be used for:
- providing information about neweducational products and services to the Users;
- to continually improve the existing Website and service offerings;
- to conduct research and surveys;
- to implement the necessary security practices to ensure that all personal data are protected;
- to administer the User accounts in normal course of business;
- to contact the Users in case where fraud, illegal activities or breach of privacy is recorded;
- to enable the employees of or persons acting on behalf of ISH to communicate with the User,as and when necessary, in order to provide the services requested by such User;
- such other purposes at the Website, at its sole discretion, however subject to the principles contained in this Policy, may deem fit.
- Sharing of information
- Every User hereby expressly agrees and that the Website may share the Information collected from them with its affiliates, employees, and such other individuals and institutions located within or outside India from time to time to ensure efficient management of Website traffic, to detect and prevent identity theft and other illegal acts, to provide aspecialized response to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law and for such other purposes that ISH may deem fit from time to time.
- Every User hereby represents and warrants that sharing of such Information shall not cause any wrongful loss/gain or damage to either the User or to any third party.
- Third party website links
- Protection of Information
- ISH understands and acknowledges the importance of security and protection of the Information provided by and/or collected from the Users. Pursuant to the same,ISH shall make the best efforts to ensure protection of Information by use of such security measures and programs that it may deem fit for the purpose. The Website shall employ best efforts to protect the Information against any unauthorized, illegal and fraudulent use of such Information by third parties.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, ISH shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of the Information caused to the User, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to an event beyond the control of or attributable to ISHor a force majeure event.
- ISH shall ensure that the Website shall adopt appropriate encryption and security measures to prevent any hacking of the information of the Users and third parties and shall ensure that the User shall not be required or asked to disclose any Information, which may be prejudicial to the interests of the User.
- The Website shall use the Information collected from the Users in accordance with applicable laws including but not limited to the IT Act and the rules made thereunder and use the data only for the purpose for which it was furnished.
- ISH has appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures in relation to the Website. The servers of the Website are accessible only to the authorized personnel and any Information of the User shall be shared with the authorized personnel only a need to know basis to facilitate the services requested by the User. ISH shall endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of a User’s personally identifiable information, however, the transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure by the Website. The User agrees and acknowledges thatthe Website shall not be liable for disclosure of any information due to errors in transmission or any unauthorized acts of third parties.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that ISH shall be entitled to share the Information with third party entities for such purposes as it may deem fit, however, such sharing of information shall be subject to such third parties being bound by appropriate data protection provisions.
- Withdrawal of Information
- All Information provided and/or collected by the Website may be withdrawn at any time during or pursuant to usage of the Website by a User.
- Users desirous of withdrawing the Information shall send an email to the grievance officer and request for such withdrawal.
- Grievance Redressal
The User may, report violation of breach of privacy, Information or identify theft or grievances in relation to the Information shared, collected, stored or disseminated in accordance with this Policy, to the grievance officer appointed by the Website in accordance with the IT Act at the following:
Phone Number: [?]
E-mail Address: [?]
- ISHreserves the right to change or update this Policy at any time. Any such changes or updation of the Policy shall be immediately effective upon posting to the Website.